欢迎访问贝贝英语网!

如何提升幸福感 How to improve your happiness

2024-05-21 08:45

如何提升幸福感 How to improve your happiness
Now my topic is gratefulness.
现在我要讲的主题是感恩。
What is the connection between happiness and gratefulness?
幸福与感恩之间有何联系?
Many people would say, well, that's very easy.
很多人可能会说,这很简单。
When you are happy, you're grateful.
当你感到幸福时,你自然而然会充满感恩。
But think again.
但请再深入想一想。
Is it really the happy people that are grateful?
真的是幸福的人才会感恩吗?
We all know quite a number of people who have everything that it would take to be happy, and they are not happy, because they want something else, or they want more of the same.
我们都认识很多有着足够幸福条件的人,但他们却不快乐。原因是他们总想要得到别的,或者是希望现有的更多。
And we all know people who have lots of misfortune, misfortune that we ourselves would not want to have, and they are deeply happy.
我们也都知道有些人遭受了许多不幸,这些不幸是我们自己都不愿面对的,然而他们依旧能深深感受到幸福。
They radiate happiness.
他们身上流露出幸福的光芒。
You are surprised.
这让你感到惊讶。
Why? Because they are grateful.
为什么?因为他们心存感激。
Now, we can ask, what really do we mean by gratefulness?
现在,我们可以探讨一下,什么是真正的感恩呢?
And how does it work?
它是如何发挥作用的呢?
Something's given to us that's valuable to us.
我们得到了一些对我们而言非常宝贵的东西。
And it's really given.
而且确实是送给我们的。
These two things have to come together.
这两样东西必须结合起来。
It has to be something valuable, and it's a real gift.
它必须是件有价值的物品,同时也是一份真心的礼物。
And when these two things come together, then gratefulness spontaneously rises in my heart, happiness spontaneously rises in my heart.
当这两样东西汇聚时,我心中便自然而然地充满了感恩和幸福。
That's how gratefulness happens.
这就是感恩产生的方式。
Now, the key to all this is that we cannot only experience this once in a while.
关键是,我们不能仅仅偶尔体会到这些感受。
We can be people who live gratefully.
我们可以是生活中怀着感恩之心的人。
And how can we live gratefully?
我们如何能够怀着感恩的心过日子呢?
By experiencing, by becoming aware that every moment is a given moment, as we say.
通过体验,意识到每一个瞬间都是赐予我们的,正如我们常说的。
It's a gift.
这是一份礼物。
You have no way of assuring that there will be another moment given to you, and yet, that's the most valuable thing that can ever be given to us, this moment, with all the opportunity that it contains.
你无法确保自己还会得到下一个时刻,但正是这瞬间,以其所蕴含的所有可能,成为了赐予我们的最珍贵之物。
Does that mean that we can be grateful for everything?
这是否意味着我们能对所有事物都心存感激?
Certainly not.
当然不是。
On the personal level, we cannot be grateful for the loss of a friend, for unfaithfulness, for bereavement.
在个人层面上,我们无法对失去一位朋友、不忠或是丧亲之痛感恩。
But I didn't say we can be grateful for everything.
我并未表示我们能对所有事情都心存感激。
I said we can be grateful in every given moment for the opportunity, and even when we are confronted with something that is terribly difficult, we can rise to this occasion and respond to the opportunity that is given to us.
我表达的是,在每一个给定的瞬间,我们都可以为那一刻带来的机会感到感激。即便面对极其艰难的情况,我们也能够挺身而出,把握那些赋予我们的机遇。
So how can each one of us find a method for living gratefully, not just once in a while being grateful, but moment by moment to be grateful?
那么,我们每个人该如何找到一种方法,不只是偶尔感恩,而是每时每刻都生活在感恩之中呢?
How can we do it?
我们怎样才能做到这一点呢?
It's a very simple method:
其方法非常简单:
Stop. Look. Go. That's all.
停下脚步。仔细观察。行动起来。就这些。
But how often do we stop?
但我们究竟有多少次会停下脚步呢?
We rush through life; we don't stop.
我们匆匆忙忙地生活着,从不停留。
We miss the opportunity because we don't stop.
因为我们没有停下来,我们就错过了那些机会。
We have to stop.
我们得停一停了。
We have to get quiet.
我们需要静下心来。
And we have to build stop signs into our lives.
我们需要在生活中设立“停止”标志。
And when you stop, then the next thing is to look.
而当你停下之后,下一步就是仔细观察。
You look. You open your eyes.
你仔细观察。你张开眼睛。
You open your ears.
你竖起耳朵听。
You open your nose.
你打开嗅觉。
You open all your senses for this wonderful richness that is given to us.
你开启了所有的感官,去感受这赐予我们的奇妙丰盈。
There is no end to it, and that is what life is all about, to enjoy, to enjoy what is given to us.
它没有尽头,这正是生活的全部意义,去享受,享受赐予我们的一切。
And then we can also open our hearts, our hearts for the opportunities, for the opportunities also to help others, to make others happy, because nothing makes us more happy than when all of us are happy.
然后我们还可以敞开心扉,拥抱各种机会,包括帮助他人、让他人感到幸福的机会。因为,让我们所有人都感到幸福,没有什么比这更令我们快乐了。
And when we open our hearts to the opportunities, the opportunities invite us to do something, and that is the third.
当我们向机遇敞开心扉时,这些机遇便引领我们采取行动,这正是我提到的第三点。
Stop, look, and then go, and really do something.
停下脚步,仔细观察,然后行动起来,真正地去采取一些行动。
And what we can do is whatever life offers to you in that present moment.
我们能做的,就是把握生活在那一刻赐予我们的所有。
There is a wave of gratefulness because people are becoming aware how important this is and how this can change our world, because if you're grateful, you're not fearful.
人们正逐渐感受到一股感恩之波,因为他们开始意识到这件事的重要性以及它如何能够改变我们的世界。当你心怀感恩时,就不会感到恐惧。
If you're not fearful, you're not violent.
如果你不感到恐惧,你就不会有暴力行为。
If you're grateful, you act out of a sense of enough and not of a sense of scarcity, and you're willing to share.
当你心存感恩时,你的行为出发点是满足而不是缺乏,你也更愿意去分享。
If you're grateful, you are enjoying the differences between people and you are respectful to everybody.
心怀感恩之人,会欣赏人与人之间的不同,并对每一个人都持以尊重。
And that changes this power pyramid under which we live.
这将改变我们所身处的权力金字塔结构。
What we need is a networking of smaller groups, smaller and smaller groups who know one another, who interact with one another, and that is a grateful world.
我们需要的,是一个个小团体构成的网络,这些团体里的人彼此了解、互相交流,这样的世界才是充满感恩的。【贝贝英语网

相关