欢迎访问贝贝英语网!

提升学习效率的几个技巧 A few tips to improve study efficiency

2024-05-24 07:50

提升学习效率的几个技巧 A few tips to improve study efficiency
First thing is this: Measure a smaller unit of success.
首要之事是定义一个较小的成功标准。
And to illustrate this point, think of two salesmen making outbound sales calls.
为了说明这个观点,想象一下两位销售人员正在拨打外出销售电话。
First salesman, he wants to measure whether he's successful in that call.
第一位销售员,他想要判断这通电话是否成功。
He makes the sale or whether he isn't; he doesn't make the sale -- good thing to measure.
他要么成功促成销售,要么未能达成销售——这是衡量是否成功的一个好方法。
Second salesman says, "Yes, I want to know those things, but I'm gonna go smaller."
第二位销售员说:“没错,我也想了解那些内容,但我的目标会更加具体。”
"I want to know, first milestone is the person staying on the phone with me for 10 seconds; second milestone, did I finish my entire 30-second pitch?"
“我想知道的是,首先,对方是否能在电话中听我讲话10秒钟;其次,我能否顺利完成整个30秒的推销用语?”
"After that, did they ask me a buying question within the first 2 minutes?"
“接下来,他们在最初的两分钟内有没有提出任何购买相关的问题?”
And so on, all the way through the close.
依此类推,直至完成交易。
It goes without saying, this guy, over here, who has smaller milestones is going to do better because he can diagnose where he's going wrong.
不用说,这个人,因为设定了更小的目标,所以他会表现得更好,因为他可以准确找出问题所在。
This guy only knows things are generally going good or they're not.
这个人只能感觉到情况要么是一切顺利,要么就是出了问题。
He's got no data, no analytics.
他既缺乏数据,也缺少分析支持。
This guy on the other hand can say, "My first 10 seconds are great. My first 30 seconds are great. But I'm missing something after that, that isn't going the way I needed to."
而这个人却能说,”我的前10秒表现棒极了。我的前30秒非常出色,但之后似乎有所欠缺,没能达到我的预期。”
And this one became very clear to me. I've been practicing jiujitsu lately and in class, there's a lot of these complex submissions.
这一点对我来说变得格外明显。最近我开始练柔术,在课程中遇到了很多复杂的降服技巧。
And I saw myself feeling like, "Okay, if I'm doing well, that means I get the submission."
我发现,每当我觉得自己表现不错时,就意味着我掌握了这些技巧。
If I'm not doing well, I'm not getting the submission.
如果我做得不好,就无法成功施展降服技巧。
But I spent a lot of time not getting the submission.
但我花了许多时间,却始终没能成功完成降服技巧。
What has gone better for me is rather than say, you know what, "Forget the submission."
对我来说,有所改善的是,我开始放弃纠结降服技巧。
I need a smaller step, which is gonna be, can I break this guy's posture, right?
我需要采取一个更小的步骤,那就是,我能否破坏这个家伙的姿势?
Can I grab his wrist, pulled off my chest, and pull him to me?
我能否抓住他的手腕,从我胸前拉开,然后把他拉向我?
Yes or. No. Crap, I'm not doing that thing right.
可以吗?不行。哎呀,我没做对那件事。
Okay, what am I doing wrong?
好吧,我到底哪里做错了?
Fix the wrist, okay, I've got that piece, next step.
调整一下手腕,好,这部分我搞定了,接下来是什么步骤。
When you deconstruct things in this way -- that's what Tim Ferriss calls it -- you can chunk all these little lessons together and that makes the learning process.
当你这样去拆解事物——蒂姆·费里斯就是这么称呼它的——你能把所有这些小课程结合起来,这样就能使学习过程变得更加有效。
At the end, you just re-assemble these pieces and you will fly through the learning curve.
到最后,你只需要把这些碎片重新整合起来,就能快速突破学习的难关。
So that's the first tip.
因此,这便是首个技巧。
Second tip is this.
第二个技巧如下。
When you're thinking of this thing, pick only one thing at a time.
当你思考这个问题时,一次仅专注于一件事。
And I see this all the time when people ask me about the channel.
而且,每当有人向我咨询这个频道的时候,我总会遇到这样的情况。
They come in and say, "Charlie, I've watched all of your videos."
他们走进来就说,“查理,我把你的视频全都看过了。”
"I've seen them twice, seen a ton of improvement, but I'm kind of hitting a plateau, what do I do?"
“我已经把它们看了两遍,确实有很大的提升,但现在感觉自己好像进入了瓶颈期,我该如何是好?”
And I never tell them, "Go ahead, watch it third time, all 60 videos."
而我从不会对他们说,“接着看,把那60个视频再看一遍。”
That's not the right thing to do.
那并不是正确的方法。
The right thing is to pick the one video that have the tip that could be best for you because you know your own self, right?
正确的方式是挑出一个最适合你的视频,毕竟谁比你自己更了解你自己呢,对不对?
Pick the thing that's gonna be best for you and apply that until it becomes an unthinking habit.
选择对你最有益的事物,并不断实践,直至它成为你不假思索的习惯。
When we teach our programs, we've done a ton of different ways.
在我们进行教学时,我们尝试了各种不同的方法。
We've done weekend bootcamps. We've done group classes.
我们举办过周末速成训练营。我们也开展了小组课程。
We've done one-on-one Skype coaching.
我们也提供了一对一的Skype辅导服务。
By far, the fastest improvement that I've seen in my clients comes from the online program that we have that walks people very specifically through things, okay, week number 1, First Impression.
迄今为止,我发现客户进步最快的方式是参加我们的在线项目,这个项目会非常详细地指导他们,比如,第一周就聚焦于第一印象。
Week number 2, we've got the first impression, we're gonna move to confidence.
第二周,我们在第一印象的基础上,将开始训练自信心。
Week number 3, conversation, going chronologically.
第三周,轮到对话环节,依时间顺序推进。
And within that first week, it's eye contact, tonality.
在第一周里,我们将聚焦于眼神接触和语调。
Each day has just one thing that they're going to focus on.
每一天,他们都将只专注于一件事情。
And what this enables you to do or someone to do, in any area, is that you get to focus on that thing without having your mind just be flooded with "I got to do this and this, and I got to remember how to finish the submission."
这样做能让你或任何人在任何领域专注于某件事情,而不是让脑海里充满了“我得做这个、那个,还得记得如何完成提交”的杂念。
You get to focus on one thing, make that a habit, and then, move along.
你可以集中精力做一件事,把它变成习惯,再接着往前走。
So that's the second tip.
因此,这便是第二条建议。
The third tip.
第三个建议。
People get this one wrong, I think, from college, and it's that if you have a set amount of time to dedicate to any sort of learning endeavor, you are much better off.
我认为人们在大学期间可能会误解的一点是,如果你有一段固定的时间致力于任何学习活动,你会发现自己这样做会更有益。
Spending that time a little bit every day than you are in one batch to process.
每天分一点时间来学习,要比一次性突击学习效果好得多。
There's some things in life that do better in batching.
在生活中,有些事情采取批量处理的方式会更好。
Learning is not one of them because learning comes from repetition, right?
学习并非如此,因为学习源于重复,不是吗?
I see people in college they go, "Wait a second, I crammed for my last test, I did fine. Eight hours straight, I studied."
我看到大学里的同学们说,“等等,我上次考试前突击复习,成绩还不错。我连续学习了八个小时。”
Yes, but how much did you remember three days later?
但是,三天之后你还记得多少内容呢?
If you're trying to build a skill, you're trying to rewire your brain, create new neural pathways.
如果你在努力培养一项技能,那么你实际上是在重新编织你的大脑,打造新的神经路径。
Say you're playing the piano.
比如说你在弹钢琴。
If you sit down for three hours and play, play, play, play, play, and then, come back a week later, you're not gonna have it.
如果你一次性坐下来练习三个小时,然后一周后再回来,你会发现自己并没有掌握它。
But if you sit down for half hour a day, walk away, come back; the next day, half hour, you're getting to review what you did in a much shorter time span.
但如果你每天只练半小时,然后停下来,第二天再继续练半小时,这样你能在更短的时间内复习前一天的内容。
That's going to help you learn faster.
这样做能让你学得更快。
So, keep in mind, when you have something, this consistency, every single day -- with the exception of things that require rest, like weight training -- you want to keep that up.
因此,请记住,如果你坚持每天做某事——除了那些需要休息的活动,如举重之类——你要保持这种一致性。
Now, a couple of caveats here.
现在,这里有几个需要注意的地方。
First thing is this takes much more will power.
首先,这需要更多的毅力。
It's a lot easier for people to go, "I want to run really hard for one day", than it is to do it for a year a little bit every day.
对人们而言,选择一天内全力以赴地跑步,远比365天每天都坚持一点点来得容易。
So if you're working on will power, you haven't mastered that, check out our video on will power. It's gonna help you with that.
因此,如果你还在努力提升自己的毅力,不妨看看我们关于毅力的视频教程。会在这方面给你提供帮助。
And the second thing is that this is true of learning and practicing.
而第二点,则是这同样适用于学习与练习过程。
They're not necessarily of production.
它们并不一定与创作有关。
I'm a writer and if you're going to write, I recommend you read and write every day.
我是作家,如果你打算写作,我推荐你每天都去阅读和写作。
But if you're writing your masterpiece, some people, myself included, do better to have this just complete flow experiences of six hours at a time.
但如果你在创作你的杰作,有些人,我也是其中之一,更倾向于一次性投入六个小时,享受连续不断的创作流程。
You write, write, write, write, write, walk away for a week, and then, come back to it.
你不停地写,接着离开一周,然后回来继续写。
So learning and production, not necessarily the same mechanics going on here.
因此,学习和创作的过程,未必涉及相同的机制。【贝贝英语网

相关