英语晨读美文34:无论成败 但求做最好的自己
If you can't be a pine on the top of the hill,
如果你当不成山巅的一棵劲松,
Be a scrub in the valley---but be
就做山谷里的小树吧---但务必
The best little scrub by the side of the rill;
做溪流边最棒的一棵小树;
Be a bush if you can't be a tree.
当不了树就做一丛灌木,
If you can't be a bush be a bit of grass--
当不成灌木还可以做小草--但务必
And some highway happier make.
做路边最快乐的一株小草。
If you can't be a muskie then just be a bass--
如果你不是大梭鱼就做一尾鲈鱼吧,
But the liveliest bass in the lake!
但要做湖里最活泼的小鲈鱼!
We can't all be captains, we've got to be crew,
我们不能都做船长,必须有人当船员,
There's something for all of us here,
可每个人都有自己的事儿,
There's big work to do, and there's lesser to do,
有的事情大,有的事情小,
And the task you must do is the near.
而你要完成的任务就近在咫尺。
If you can't be a highway then just be a trail,
如果你不能做大道就做一条小径,
If you can't be the sun be a star;
若是不能做太阳就做星星;
It isn't by size that you win or you fail--
决定成败的不是你的大小--
Be the best of whatever you are!
只要你做最好的自己!
【贝贝英语网与您分享!】